In Star Supremacy there are three main factions. Namely UEO, Altairian and Seeker. Each faction has it's own list of perks and bonuses that make them superior to the opposing factions. The colony sprites are also unique for each faction, allowing a plyer to easily identify the faction which a colony is allied with.
- UEO is a cruel organization. In their eyes, anyone can be friend or enemy, and there is no alternative between the two. Their only desire is supreme power.
- The Altairians escaped from the solar system to attempt to flee from the UEO. They are technically brilliant and practical.
- The Seekers were the first lonely travelers to colonize space. Their success relies on efficiency and ingenuity. They all strive for a bright future.
- +10% income from all Trade Routes
- +1 Action per colony (to a maximum of 10)
- +10% damage from Torpedoes
- +1 Initiative for Lances
- Able to harvest Heavy Metal nodes
- Able to research Battleship Chassis
- +10% damage from Lasers
- +1 Initiative for Missiles
- +25% aircraft capacity for Fighter Bays
- Colony Quarters provides 1 extra to Maximum Population per level (+6/lvl instead of +5/lvl)
- Able to harvest Crystal nodes
- Mines within Asteroid Belts, Nebulas and Rings gain a +10% production bonus
- +10% production from Industrial Centers and Factories
- +25% construction speed on buildings
- +10% damage for Kinetic weapons
- +30% effectiveness for Armor Plating
- +40% damage for all aircraft weapons
- Able to harvest Nebula Gas nodes